Elder Players' - "The Narrow Path"
The world be shades of color across the spectrum of light, and ranges from blackest dim to blinding bright. But
for the few braves souls that walk The Narrow Path, the world must be black and white, wrong and right. There are
those that dwell in pits of darkness, but the Knight of the Rose dwell in the crisp clear light of goodness. Reason
must rule emotion. Good must rule over evil. Law must rule over favoritism. The group must live beyond the individual.
And the light of life must be preserved, unless it threatens the life of another. It is the Knights of the Rose
that must lead the way on The Narrow Path, and once a Knight steps from the Path he is forever lost. Below is our
The Code of the Narrow Path
- A just set of laws must stand over the unjust whims of the people.
- The legal and legitimate authority of the land, shall be treated as the authority of Heironeous.
- Women are blessings from our god, and should be treated with honesty, kindness, and honor.
- To retreat from a just battle is to dishonor your order and yourself.
- A promise made will be kept until death.
- A paladin will heal, feed, and think of himself last.
- A quest assigned by your order will be your charge until its completion, or your death in the act of completing
- A paladin will not associate, travel, or live with anything tainted with evil.
- The poor must be given chances to improve their condition, this is the definition of compassion.
- The weak must be protected from the strong, when the strong impose unjustly upon them.
- To protect the innocent from the threat of evil is the charge of every good man. The guilty shall be punished.
- To kill is the right of our god. Men should kill when their life is threatened, or a life they should protect
- Never kill the helpless or those surrendering to your power. To do so is to overstep the authority granted
by your god.
- When evil must be matched with deadly force, a sword makes the clean cut...a narrow cut.
- Do not lie, do not cheat, do not steal, and do not poison.